Kodi is still one of the best media centers available for all your streaming devices. The Kodi app is available for easy installation from the Google Play Store, however it cannot be found in the Amazon Fire TV store.
There is a simple solution for Fire TV users to get the latest version of Kodi installed with only a few easy and simple steps using the Download app available on Amazon devices.
Install Kodi 18.1 Leia on my Amazon Fire TV (Stick)
- Make sure you are able to install applications for unknown sources. To do this, click settings > My Fire TV (or My Device depending on your version) > Developer Options > Select Allow Unknown Sources.
- Launch your Amazon Fire TV device.
- If you already do not have the downloader app installed on your device, you will need to install it by clicking the magnifying glass and searching for Downloader (or using the voice-activated remote to search for it).
- Once installed, launch the Downloader app on your device.
- In the URL box shown in the downloader app, you will need to type the following URL exactly in the box https://streamertips.com/kodi18 and then click go.
- Install it. After the download has finished click install and you will begin installing Kodi 18.1 on your device.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a popular open source media center. If setup correctly you can use it as your all-in-one streaming center.
If you have a large collection of music, movies, games, photos and home videos you can run your own server with Kodi. This will allow you to watch and listen to call your content on multiple devices and even share your content with family and friends.
Third Party Add-ons
One of the most popular features people use Kodi for are the third party add-ons These are created usually by developers that are affiliated or associated with the Kodi Team.
Kodi says they are not responsible and do not support any third party add-ons.
Some add-ons may access content that could potentially infringe copyright laws. Whenever you are using third-party add-ons be sure you are aware of your local laws and are careful what add-ons you are using.
I recommend using IPVanish VPN whenever streaming these types of add-ons to protect yourself and encrypt everything you accessing while online.
Games on Kodi
One of the newest trends that
For these types of games, I recommend a gamepad. You can use the Amazon Fire TV gamepad or any Bluetooth gamepad. These can easily be synced to your Amazon Fire TV device by selecting controllers in your settings menu.
Movies and TV Shows
Sync all your movies on our computer or NVidia Shield and to all your devices. Stream them seamlessly through your Wi-Fi network. If you have hundreds of titles, you will be able stream them all easily over your network.
I myself have thousands of music and MP3 files I have collected over the years. If you have hundreds of songs also, add them to a server and connect your Phone, tablet, Fire TV and all other devices to it using Kodi.
Listen to your favorite rock, country and hit songs no matter where you are at with remote listening.
Once you have Kodi installed on your Fire TV device, you will be able to enjoy all your entertainment on the latest version of Kodi 18.1 Leia.