Filelinked it an application that allows for file sharing and transfer by simply using a code, better known as or often called Filelinked Code. By entering a particular code into the app, you will be able to download files to your device. It is only available for Android.
You can use it on Android devices, Amazon Fire TV Sticks and even on an NVidia Shield.
How To Install Filelinked On A Fire TV
Before you can install it on your Fire TV Stick you will need to make sure you have already jail broken your device. Don’t worry, it sounds like a daunting process, but it can be done with no additional hardware and with just a few clicks of your remote.
Step 1 – Jailbreak Fire TV Device
- Launch your Amazon Fire TV, Firestick or Fire TV Cube.
- Go to Settings, then scroll until you see My Fire TV (some older devices may say My Device instead of My Fire TV).
- Scroll down until you find Developer Options, and then go ahead and click on it.
- You will be presented with a screen and one of the options will say Apps From Unknown Sources. This should be turned On. If it is off, click on it and turn it on.
Congratulations, you now have a jail broken device. Now you will be able to install apps that are not approved by Amazon on your device. This will give you the ability to add multiple apps and supercharge your device by taking it to an entirely new level.
Now that you are ready to install some apps, we first want to add an app called Downloader to your device. This is an approved Amazon app and can be found in the App Store.
Step 2 – Install Downloader App From The App Store
The Downloader app is one of the best apps you can have on your device. It will allow you to type in links to files on the internet and download them straight to your device. Then you will be able to install them if they are compatible with the Fire TV.
- Click the magnified glass in the upper left corner of your device.
- Type Downloader in the search field. You do not need to type the entire word. Once you see Downloader listed in the list below scroll down and click on Downloader.
- Look for the orange Downlaoder App icon and press on it.
- Click Download or the down arrow that will begin the download and installation process.
The installation process will now begin! It will be placed in queue and downloaded. Once the download and install process has completed you will be able to launch Downloader.
Step 3 – Install Filelinked Using The Downloader App
Filelinked is not available in the Amazon Fire TV App store. You will simply use the Downloader App to install it.
- Launch the Downloader App.
- After you have the Downloader open, you will see a field where you can type in a web address of choice. Type the following web address in the field: http://get.filelinked.com and then click Go. Since http:// is already in the field you will not need to type it in.
- Once it has downloaded the file you will need to click Install in the lower right corner of your screen. Some devices it may be more in the center.
That is all there is to it! You now have Filelinked installed on your Firestick or Fire TV and can start entering codes.
Once you have installed Filelinked press the back button on your remote to return the previous screen which should be the Downloader App. Then click Delete. This will delete the Filelinked installation file you downloaded using Downloader and save space on your device.
I recommend deleting all installation files after you have finished installing them to avoid cluttering your device with unneeded files.
You can also click Files on the left side while in the Downloader app to find any files you have downlaoded that has not been deleted. Long press your select button on your remote while highlighting these files to get a popup option allowing you to delete theme from your device.
Want a video tutorial of these same steps? Watch the video below for easy to follow steps on installing this right on your Fire TV device.
Filelinked does not give out codes, but I will go ahead and give you the Streamer Tips Filelinked code which has a nice collection of Android apps you can enjoy.
Check out my Top Apps To Super Charge your device. Click here for my Filelinked Code and apps I recommend in 2020!
You can find other codes from various sources using Google, YouTube and other search engines on the internet.
Install Filelinked On NVidia Shield / Android
You can install Filelinked on any Android operating system. Downloader is available in the Google Play store including on the NVidia Shield. Simply search for Downloader and follow Step 3 above.
You will need to allow access and installation of unknown applications on your Android device and / or NVidia Shield before it will allow the installation of Filelinked.