NVidia Shield TV is one of the most powerful devices available when it comes to streaming media online. Packed with more memory, speed, and performance than most other devices on the market, it also makes a great choice if you plan on protecting yourself online with a top VPN like CyberGhost VPN.
Installing on Nvidia Shield TV
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Quick Install Steps
- From the home screen of your NVidia Shield, launch the Google Play Store.
CyberGhost is one of the few VPN providers that is available in the Play Store.
- Search for CyberGhost VPN in the search bar or use the voice activated remote.
- Look for the CyberGhost VPN icon and click on it to begin the installation process.
- Once it has completed the install you can launch CyberGhost.
If you need to get yourself a username and password click here.
- Connect to a VPN server.
You can choose a server closest to your location for the best performance or a server out of the country to unlock content from regions around the world.
Connect VPN To Server
Once you launch the CyberGhost VPN app and sign in with your login details, you will select the country you would like to connect to.
Choose from more than 60 countries
You can choose the best location near you or change it. You can also select from over 60 countries and individual servers within each country.
Unlock Netflix Optimized Servers
One of the awesome things about CyberGhost VPN that I find a lot of others fail to offer is the ability to unlock Netflix in the United States, Germany and other countries as well.
Unlock USA Netflix with the CyberGhost USA Netflix servers.
This is something many VPN services fail to offer since Netflix is always fighting against VPN services and do not endorse the use or proxys.
Speed Test On NVidia Shield
Using an app called analiti I did a speed test before and after I connected to various VPN servers to find out if they are as fast as advertised.
Speed Test Results Without VPN
Download: 58 mb/s
Upload: 14 mb/s
Speed Test Results With CyberGhost VPN
I chose the best available server and didn’t see much of a speed difference which is very good. The servers were not slowing my connection down much at all.
Best available server: Download: 54 mb/s, Upload: 12 mb/s
I also tested the speed while connecting to various countries and those results are listed below: Surprisingly all the countries I tested had great speed.
Spain: Download: 39 mb/s, Upload: 11 mb/s
Brazil: Download: 47 mb/s, Upload: 10 mb/s
Switzerland: Download: 68 mb/s Upload: 12 mb/s
United Kingdom: Download: 43 mb/s Upload: 12 mb/s
Why you should use CyberGhost VPN
When you are online there is a fingerprint of all your browsing activities, habits, personal information and more. You are basically creating a blueprint of your life for the government and marketers to see.
CyberGhost is a major supporter and promoter of civil rights, a free society and an uncensored internet culture.
No one else should have access to your life while online. When you have a VPN service active on your NVidia Shield TV and other devices you will be protected from unwanted eyes and privacy intrusion.
CyberGhost VPN was the first provider to release its transparency reports. You can find these reports posted publicly on the website.
Some of the information they share is the number of DMCA requests, police requests and malware flags they receive each year. This not only shows there willingness to prove their credibility but as well the confidence they have in there service.
Your privacy is at risk when you are online more than ever before. The United States repealed Net Neutrality in 2018 which made it legal for your internet service provider to throttle your speeds as they see fit.
Your ISP can also block and prohibit access to any website or streaming site they deem necessary. The internet as we know it is no longer a free and open place to share content.
The United States also made it perfectly legal for your ISP to keep logs of all your browsing history and habits so that they can sell that information to third party entities to make additional profit.
EU Copyright Directive
The EU copyright directive Article 13 passed in 2019 which will require websites such as Google and Yahoo to pay publishers whenever they show snippets that link to sites in the EU.
In the same year, Article 11 passed which forces sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and other sites to prevent any copyrighted information from being uploaded. Streamer Tips, for example, is a United States site, but if that law existed in this country I would be responsible if you posted a comment that violated copyright laws.. absurd!
This is just a couple of examples showing how the governing bodies of nations across the globe are attacking your privacy and internet freedom.
CyberGhost VPN will take back the freedom you deserve and allow you to be online while staying anonymous and without limiting access to the media you crave or giving your information or big corporations so they can make a buck.
Advantages Of CyberGhost VPN
- Not only can the service be used on an NVidia Shield TV, but it is available on many other devices as well. Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV / Fire Stick, Linux, Chromebook, and other devices are supported.
- Use your account on up to 7 devices simultaneously. This means you can have all your devices protected at once with only 1 account.
- Access servers in more than 60 countries and 3700 servers worldwide.
- Unlock blocked streaming such as Netflix USA, HBO Now and others.
- Prevent your ISP from throttling your connection while streaming. This can improve your streaming experience during peak times dramatically.
- Get support 24 hours a day / 7 days a week via live chat and email in 4 languages.
- Strict NO LOGS policy. There are never any logs of your history kept when connected to a CyberGhost VPN server. They are also headquartered in Romania which is a NON 14 eye member. No laws requiring them to keep logs exist in Romania.
- If you are not 100% satisfied, you can take advantage of their 45-day money back guarantee. That is the longest guarantee in the industry.
If you are ready to take your privacy to the next level and stop your ISP from spying on you click the button below.