Last Updated on
The newest generation of the Amazon Fire TV 4K Ultra streaming box is to be released October 25, 2017. Amazon says the newest version will be a slimmer model and support the best streaming capabilities including 2680p 4K Ultra.
You will keep most of the features that that the older generations have with minor exceptions. Some of the best features this device is capable of are listed below.
- Extremely fast processor that clocks in at Amlogic Quad-core 1.5 GHZ.
- Up to 60 frames per second giving a true life feel and experience.
- Supports 720p, 1080p and 2680p.
- Compatible with 7.1 Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos sound for a complete 3-D sound feel.
- Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac as well as Bluetooth 4.1 BLE.
- Alexa voice activated remote and allows voice activation to the Fire TV with the Amazon Echo.
- Supports hundreds of apps including Amazon TV, Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Playstation Vue and others.
The one drawback that exists with this latest model of the Amazon Fire TV is that no Ethernet port or USB ports are available. This is likely a decision made by Amazon to shrink the device size and price slightly to make it even more affordable and attractive to customers.
Most streamers typically only use Wi-Fi the majority of the time and prefer plug in and play style format without other hardware and attachments.
While the Amazon Fire TV 4K Ultra box does not come with an Ethernet port, one can be purchased that will plug into the Micro USB Port of the device adding an Ethernet port to the Fire TV 4K Ultra edition if you would prefer to connect it to the internet hard wired.
If you will be setting up your Fire TV within striking distance of your router, I would recommend spending a little extra and adding an Amazon Ethernet Adaptor to the Fire TV device for the complete and best performance possible.